Honorary Senior LecturerTel: 0131 536 9292
Fax: 0131 536 9164
Module leader (MSc in Public Health Search)
- MBBS Lectures: Health and Social Care Module
- Module leader: Epidemiology for Public Health
- MSc Supervisor
- Public health system efficiency
- Health services evaluation
- Palliative care outcomes
- Epidemiology of the Cerebral Palsies
Current Research Involvement
- Public health system efficiency - Currently leading Scottish Government Development Directorate funded project in Partnerships to Access Health (PATH) for multiple needs people in rural and non-rural environments.
- Health services evaluation - Principal investigator Lothian Health and Life Survey. Exploitation of a large scale survey to assess health needs and outcomes.
- Palliative care outcomes - Grant-holder Lothian VOICES investigating quality of life issues in end of life care.
- Epidemiology of the Cerebral Palsies - Ongoing investigation into assessing severity of handicap in children with cerebral palsy. Joint Grant-Holder for Scottish Cerebral Palsy Register (SCPR).
- Co-Editor in Chief Public Health
- Member Scottish Committee for Specialist Training in Public Health
- Councillor and Trustee of the Royal Institute of Public Health
- Lothian health and lifestyle survey. (NHS Lothian, 2009-2010) Platt S, Forbes J, Mackie P