Dr Christine Campbell
Senior Research FellowTel: 0131 650 9252
Fax: (0131) 650 9119
- The influence of a negative FOBT on the response of screening invitees and healthcare providers to symptoms of colorectal cancer ('National Awareness and Early Diagnosis Initiative' - consortium including CR-UK, DH and ESRC, 2011-2014) Weller D & Campbell C (joint PI's), Patnick J, Moss S, Melia J, Smith S, Orbell S, Steele R, Olesen F
- Public perceptions of cancer screening. (Cancer Research UK, 2011-2012) Campbell C, Wardle J, Waller J, Simon A, von Wagner C, Weller D
- Why do some patients present with thicker melanomas? A qualitative exploration of patients' symptom detection, help-seeking decisions, and experiences of the pathways to diagnosis. ('National Awareness and Early Diagnosis Initiative' - consortium including CR-UK, DH and ESRC, 2011-2013) Walter F, Scott S, Burrows N, Kavanagh G, Mackie R, Campbell C, Emery J, Weller D (CI University of Cambridge)
- In-depth exploration of the impact of the new Scottish Palliative Care DES on patient care. (Scottish Government Living and Dying Well, 2009-2010) Campbell C, Weller D, Murray S.
- Proposal to establish a Consensus Working Group on definitions and methods in early cancer diagnosis research. (Cancer Research UK;National Awareness and Early Diagnosis initiative, 2009-2010) Weller D, Rubin G, Hamilton W, Olesen F, Vedsted P, Campbell C, Emery J, Walter F
- The Scottish Cervical cancer Prevention Programme: Assessing and modelling the impact of HPV 16/18 immunisation on the performance of current cervical screening performance and the effectiveness of alternative cervical screening strategies to optimise cancer prevention in the HPV immunisation era. (Chief Scientist's Office, 2009-2014) Cruickshank M, Campbell C, Choi Y, Cubie H, Cuschieri K, Donaghy M, Imrie J, Robertson C, Sullivan F, McNamee P, Weller D (CI University of Aberdeen)
- In-depth exploration of the impact of the new Scottish Palliative Care DES on patient care. (Scottish Government Living and Dying Well, 2009-2010) Campbell C, Weller D, Murray S
- The value of positron emission tomography (PET) in pre-operative staging of colorectal cancer (NIHR HTA Programme, 2009-2010) Weller, Brush, Campbell, Chappell, Crawford, Dozier, Dunlop, Fenwick, Glanville
- What is the optimal role for primary care in the management and follow-up of patients with lung cancer? (National Cancer Research Institute, 2008-2010) Weller D, Murray S, Campbell C, Neal R, Rose P
- What is the optimal role for primary health care in the follow-up of patients with prostate cancer? (Cancer Research UK, 2006-2008) Weller D, Campbell C, Rose P, Watson E, Neal R, Wilkinson C
- Evaluation of the third round of screening in the third round of screening in the English CRC screening pilot. (NHS Cancer Screening Services, 2006-2008) Weller D, Campbell C, Parker R
- A complex intervention to improve informed choice in PSA testing in Scottish Primary Care: Pilot study. (Chief Scientist's Office, 2006-2008) Weller D, Campbell C, Jepson R, Kendall M, Moss S, Melia J
- Strategies to increase colorectal cancer screening uptake in primary care. (National Institute of Health US, 2005-2007) Weller D, Campbell C, Szczepura A, Orbell S, Steele R, Parker R
- Working with patients and their carers to develop an effective approach to the delivery of cancer care in primary care. (Jointly funded by the Scottish Executive, Health Department and the Scottish Higher Education Funding Council, 2003-2006) Murray SA, Kendall M, Held S, Boyd K, Fife S, Grant R, Campbell C, Weller D
- Harrison N,Cavers D, Campbell C,Murray SA Are UK primary care teams formally identifying patients for palliative care before they die? British Journal of General Practice 2012; 62 (598): 250-251. DOI Link
- Hall S, Murchie P, Campbell C & Murray SA. Introducing an electronic Palliative Care Summary (ePCS) in Scotland: patient, carer and professional perspectives. Family Practice 2012;0:1-10. Link
- Watson E, O'Brien R, Campbell C, Weller D, Neal R, Wilkinson C, Rose P on behalf of the Prostate Cancer Follow-Up Study Group. The push towards primary care: views of health professionals on the role of primary care in the follow-up of men with prostate cancer. Fam Prac 2011; 0:1-8 DOI Link
- Moss SM, Campbell C, Melia J, Coleman D, Smith S, Parker R, Ramsell P, Patnick J, Weller DP. Performance measures in three rounds of the English Bowel Cancer Screening Pilot. Gut (in press)
- O'Brien R, Rose P, Campbell C, Weller D, Neal R, Wilkinson C, Mcintosh H, Watson E. I wish I'd told them: a qualitative study examining the unmet psychosexual needs of prostate cancer patients during follow-up after treatment. Patient Educ Couns 2010; 84(2):200-207.
- O'Brien R, Rose PW, Campbell C, Weller D, Neal RD, Wilkinson C, Watson EK. Prostate Cancer Follow-up Group. Experiences of follow-up after treatment in patients with prostate cancer: a qualitative study. BJU Int (in press)
- Weller D, Campbell C, Orbell S, Szczepura A, Gumber A, Parker R, Steele RJC, Walker A. Primary Care based strategies to increase uptake of colorectal cancer screening. Report to the NIH Colorectal cancer screening in primary care practice Programme.
- Weller D, Moss S, Melia J, Coleman D, Worth A, Campbell C. Evaluation of the 3rd Round of the English bowel cancer screening Pilot. Report to the NHS Cancer Screening Programmes.
- Weller DP, Campbell C. Uptake in cancer screening programmes: a priority in cancer control. Br J Cancer 2009; 101: S55-S59 DOI Link
- McIntosh HM, Neal RD, Rose P, Watson E, Wilkinson C, Weller D, Campbell C. Follow-up care for men with prostate cancer and the role of primary care: a systematic review of international guidelines. BJC 2009; 100 (12):1852-1860
- Weller D, Campbell C. The role of Primary Care in the early detection and follow up of prostate cancer. The NAPC Review Spring 2009: 119-120
- Techer L, Campbell C, Weller D, Orbell, S, Szepura A, Gumber A. Strategies to improve uptake of colorectal cancer screening in South Asian and lower income groups-a qualitative study. Psychooncology 2009; 18(3):310-311
- Orbell S, O'Sullivan I, Parker R, Steele B, Campbell C, Weller D. Illness representations and coping following an abnormal colorectal cancer screening result. Soc Sci Med 2008;67(9):1465-74. Epub 2008 Aug 6.
- Murray SA, Boyd K, Campbell C, Cormie P, Thomas K, Weller D, Kendall M. Implementing a service users' framework for cancer care in primary care: an action research study. Family Practice 2008; doi: 10.1093/fampra/cmn011 Link
- Weller D, Coleman D, Robertson R, Butler P, Melia J, Campbell C, Parker R, Patnick J, Moss S (2007) The UK colorectal cancer screening pilot: results of the second round of screening in England. British Journal of Cancer 97(12): 1601-1605
- Weller D, Campbell C (2006) Early lung cancer detection: The role of primary care. Primary Care Respiratory Journal: 15: 323-5 DOI Link
- Kendall M, Boyd K, Campbell C, Cormie P, Fife S, Thomas K, Weller D & Murray SA. How do people with cancer wish to be cared for in primary care? Serial discussion groups of patients and carers. Family Practice 2006; 23:644-650. Link
- Robertson R, Campbell C, Weller DP, Elton R, Mant D, Primrose J, Macleod U, Sharma R. Predicting colorectal cancer risk in patients with rectal bleeding. Br J Gen Pract 2006; 56(531):763-767.