Risk and protective factors for suicide and suicidal behaviour: a literature review.
MacLean J, Maxwell M, Platt S, Harris F, Jepson R
2007 - 2008
Aim(s)/objective(s)/ research questions
- To produce an updated review of current knowledge regarding: the societal and cultural factors associated with increased incidence of suicide; and population subgroups that are at increased risk of suicidal behaviour.
- To carry out a stocktake of knowledge concerning resilience and healthy survival amongst people who are exposed to known suicidal risk conditions.
Systematic literature review involving 3 linked stages:
- Scoping the evidence base
- Analysis and data synthesis
- Production of final report
Current status of project