New vacancy: Research Fellow post available, REPOSE trial.
We are seeking to appoint a research fellow to undertake a longitudinal qualitative sub-study within The REPOSE (Relative Effectiveness of Pumps over MDI and Structured Education) Trial. REPOSE is a multi-centre, randomised controlled trial involving adult patients with type 1 diabetes using two types of regimen - an insulin pump or multiple daily injections. This sub-study, led by Dr Julia Lawton at the University of Edinburgh, has been built into the trial to look at the experiences and views of patients in the two trial arms. The successful applicant will join Dr Lawton and, with her guidance and support, she/he will contribute to the development of the project and will be responsible for its day-to-day management. Specifically, she/he will:
- Liaise with the trials manager and health professionals in the different trial centres in order to identify and recruit patients into the qualitative study.
- Develop and pilot interview topic guides.
- Conduct interviews with patients and some trial staff (Note: it may be necessary for some of these interviews to be conducted outside normal working hours. Travel will also be required to undertake some of the interviews.)
- Liaise with professional transcribers to produce typed transcripts of all interviews.
- Take a lead role in the analysis and coding of interview data.
- Liaise with Dr Lawton in feeding emerging findings back to the trial team.
- Draft reports and articles and present findings at appropriate events.
Informal enquiries may be addressed to Dr Julia Lawton, telephone 0131 650 6197, email J.Lawton@ed.ac.uk. The appointee will be based in the Centre for Population Health Sciences, the University of Edinburgh, Teviot Place.
This post is available full time (35 hours per week) on a fixed term basis for 21 months. The intended start date is 1 May 2012 but this may be negotiable.
Ref: 3015334. Closing date: 21 February 2012.
Full details and application procedure can be found at: http://www.jobs.ed.ac.uk/vacancies/index.cfm?fuseaction=vacancies.detail&vacancy_ref=3015334